- The Malta Council for Science and Technology is inviting new applications for funding under a new scheme for research on sustainable management solutions of organic matter generated on farms. The deadline is noon on the 25th April 2018.
- The Scheme will offer financial support to organisations that are interested in developing solutions and business proposals for the management of the entire slurry and manure generated within the Maltese territory or parts thereof as well as to contribute the necessary data required towards the development of a national economic model on the sector. In so doing, the organisations will demonstrate that their existing technology can be customised to manage Bovine, Swine and other livestock manure, slurry and / or a manure slurry mix sustainably and underpinned by circular concepts.
- Successful applicants will be notified in writing by the 23rd May 2018 to proceed towards a Grant Agreement. Signature of the Grant Agreement is subject to obtaining the necessary operational permits (where applicable), by not later than 20th June 2018. Following signature of the grant agreement, the operational phase of the project must start by not later than 18th July 2018 and be concluded by 10th October 2018.
- The beneficiary will have to submit the end of project Technical and Financial Report by the 24th October 2018. The end of project Audited Financial Report will have to be submitted by the 7th November 2018.
- Interested parties should submit their application form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bioresource Scheme” as a subject.
- The Application must be initialised (stamped or signed) on each page by the legal representative and a full signature where required. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the timely and correct delivery of the application to the Council. It should be noted that emails larger than 6MB shall be automatically rejected by the system. All received applications shall be acknowledged by email or in writing.
This article was last updated on: February 28, 2018