“MCST believes that its success is a direct result of the contributions, work ethics and professional attitudes of our workforce. We take pride in recruiting people who excel in their profession, show an enthusiasm for pushing the limits of what can be achieved and embrace teamwork. We offer a career with diverse and challenging assignments in a dynamic environment, opportunities for professional growth and achievement, initial training and a highly maintained working environment.”
- All our open external vacancies can be found below. We also offer occasional unpaid work experience placements.
- Interested parties are to contact our Human Resource Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director (Policy, Strategy & Internationalisation)
The Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST) is seeking an experienced leader to drive and manage a number of key remits for the organisation.
The ideal candidate is one with a reputable track record in policy and strategy leadership, and who can leverage on significant and tangible experience gained across science, technology, R&I and space disciplines, in relation to policy and strategy. Thus, the ideal candidate would be able to successfully oversee the organisation’s activities in developing and monitoring policies and strategies at a national level, whilst being privy to related EU and international affairs. The Director (Policy, Strategy & Internationalisation) will also be responsible for supporting government by providing technical advice on the same subject matters, to complement the advancement of the national R&I ecosystem and deliver Malta-positions in a consultative role through MCST. This is a compelling role in a senior management position, that will not only present exciting challenges, but provide the right candidate with the opportunity to lead a dynamic and important remit for MCST.
- Drive and oversee work in alignment to MCST’s objectives and responsibilities across the team/s under Policy, Strategy and Internationalisation.
- Lead and be an established contact point for Unit liaison with MCST’s line Ministry, other ministries and other high-level persons, under the direction of the Senior Director or Executive Chairman. Accompany Ministerial-level/high level delegates to Council and other high level meetings.
- Lead Human Resources and Financial Budget yearly plans and submissions following approval by the Senior Director. Lead Unit recruitment processes and manage day-to-day HR matters that may arise, together with the HR Director.
- Lead and execute the implementation of projects and programmes, including state aid regulation approvals and compliance, research programme process/ecosystem design and implementation, monitoring of deliverables and financial matters, as well as hold responsibility for reporting to the European Commission. Manage, from a technical perspective, project managers and participants to such projects and programmes.
- Lead internationalisation policy and initiatives responsibilities.
- Act as Lead delegate, as a Senior Manager, for the Research Policy Group (RPG) and ERAC high-level meetings.
- Oversee Unit training and development plans, objectives setting and performance appraisals, under the direction of the Senior Director.
- Oversee the National R&I Strategy and related Action Plan, whilst developing concepts to further incentivise R&I in Malta.
- Oversee the deliverance of technical input and guidance to MCST’s line Ministry and other governmental departments and entities on R&I and Space, with respect to positions, instruction notes, briefings and studies.
- Represent MCST at local events and conferences and deliver presentation and speeches as necessary.
- Deputise, as the need arises, for the Senior Director Strategy, Research and Technical Affairs or Executive Chairman.
Qualifications and Experience:
MQF Level 7 (Master’s Degree) qualification preferably in public policy, economics, international relations, diplomacy or EU Studies or an appropriate, recognized, comparable qualification and 3 years’ relevant work experience in a top management role, with excellent spoken and written English and Maltese and Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
MQF Level 6 (Degree) qualification preferably in public policy, economics, international relations, diplomacy or EU Studies or an appropriate, recognized, comparable qualification and 5 years’ relevant work experience in a top management role, with excellent spoken and written English and Maltese and Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
Interested applicants are to email their CV together with a copy of their certificates to email@example.com by not later than c.o.b 29th October 2020.Incomplete or late applications will not be processed.
Jobsplus Permit: 555/2020
This article was last updated on: October 20, 2020