VACANCY – Executive DIRECTOR | Joint Programming Initiative Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans (JPI Oceans)
The Joint Programming Initiative on Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans, JPI Oceans, is inviting applications for the position of Executive Director at its office in Brussels. With the establishment of a legal entity to facilitate its functioning, JPI Oceans is now ready to move to the next stage in implementing its Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA). The SRIA has been approved by 21 JPI Oceans Member States as common guidance, aiming to provide a long-term integrated approach to key marine and maritime research and technology development activities in Europe.
We seek an inspiring, knowledgeable, collaborative leader with the right experience and skills, able to realize the ambitions of the Members, to achieve progress and contribute to the implementation of JPI Oceans’ vision, strategy and plans. This is an opportunity for the right person to make these ambitions materialize. She/he is willing to contract full-time with JPI Oceans, being answerable to the Management Board, to lead the JPI Oceans secretariat and perform all the necessary functions entrusted to the Executive Director.
- The initial period will be for three years, with an option for one renewable term in office.
The Executive Director should preferably start before 1 December 2018 subject to completion of recruitment procedure.
- JPI Oceans is an equal opportunity employer working under Belgian law.
The Joint Programming Initiative Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans (JPI Oceans) is a European coordinating and integrating platform, open to all EU Member States and Associated Countries investing in marine and maritime research. The overall aim of JPI Oceans is to pool national research efforts to make better use of Europe’s public R&D resources.
- Further information on JPI Oceans and the full role description is available at: www.jpi-oceans.eu
Please send a maximum two-page letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the position, together with your CV and vision for the position to email@example.com at the latest on August 17th 2018.
Interested applicants can contact the recruitment agency Eric Salmon & Partners;
- Marija Kumbaroska | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct line: + 32 2 626 10 03
- Myriam Walgraef | e-mail email@example.com | Direct line: +32 2 626 10 04
Local JPI Oceans representative:
- Corinne Muscat Terribile | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | +00356 23602152