The European Commission is launching an open-ended selection procedure to create a pool of candidates from which to recruit contract staff. Under this new system, the Commission publishes calls for expressions of interest for different profiles and function groups according to its needs.
This first call for expressions of interest aims to create a database of candidates from which to recruit contract staff in function group IV to provide additional capacity in the research field in the Commission and, in particular, in the Joint Research Centre (JRC). This call is open to citizens of Member States and countries associated with the Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
Research contract staff will, under the supervision of a senior scientist, carry out their duties as members of a research team. The duties may include dealing with matters relating to, for example:
- Laboratory work
- Modelling and simulation
- Software development
- Policy analysis
- The design and execution of scientific and technical research, experiments
- Ensuring availability of state-of-the-art scientific information and data in support of European research programmes
- Providing a sound scientific basis to support policy-making
- Writing, publishing and presenting scientific reports, articles and conference papers
- Supporting activities related to the management and follow-up of the use of results and their dissemination
- Supporting all activities related to the monitoring of good manufacturing, laboratory and clinical practices
- Maintaining contacts with national and regional authorities dealing with research issues in the European Union
- Participating in panels to evaluate research projects
- Identifying experts and panel members in the research field
The database of candidates will be used and managed mainly by the JRC. The JRC reserves the right to close this call at any time.
Further information and the application form may be accessed through this link: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/working-with-us/jobs/vacancies/function-group-iv-researchers
This article was last updated on: February 2, 2017