The Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST) is seeking to suggest suitable candidates to participate in the scientific evaluation of transnational research proposals under the MarTERA ERA-NET Co-Fund call.
Candidates must have expertise in at least one of the following areas (in the context of marine and maritime technologies):
• Emissions reduction
• Energy efficiency
• Innovative propulsion systems
• Noise and vibration reduction
• Biofouling and corrosion prevention
• Novel materials
• Deep Sea Mining
• Improved models for marine vehicles and structures behaviour
• Sensor developments
• Human computer interaction and Augmented Reality
• Top quality, globally competitive and environmentally friendly products
• Optimisation of production: improved and novel production technologies for flexible manufacturing, with focus on organization and
networking along the value chain
• Intelligent/innovative interacting components
• Early warning and accident management systems
• Decision support systems
• ICT tools for monitoring and optimization of maritime operations (e.g. routing following best weather conditions)
• Improve operations such as dynamic positioning systems, docking and mooring systems, automation of processes, optimized
routing, handling of goods, subsea intervention
• Individual safety concepts harmonized with navigational requirements
Please note that you should not apply as an evaluator if you are part of a consortium that has submitted a research project proposal under the 2017 MarTERA ERA-NET Co-Fund Call.
Candidates will be suggested on the basis of their academic merit and experience in the field.
The details of the selected candidates will be forwarded to the MarTERA call office which will then decide on the participation of the candidates in the evaluation of transnational research proposals according to their needs. The selection of evaluators from the list of candidates is thus at MarTERA’s sole discretion. For more details on MarTERA, an ERA-NET Cofund under Horizon 2020 visit:
Should you be interested in participating as an evaluator, please be sure to read and then forward all the necessary documentation as listed in page 6 of the attached document by noon on the 2nd of June 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested parties may also contact Corinne Muscat Terribile at MCST on 23602152 for additional information.