Horizon 2020 is implemented though open calls for project proposals. Work Programmes covering each area of H2020, are issued biannually. The current Work Programmes cover 2016 and 2017 and can be accessed from the H2020 Participants Portal.
Access Participants Portal and find the relevant calls: https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/home.html
Select “Funding Opportunities” and H2020 “Calls”. You can filter calls by selecting your area of interest.
A step-by-step guide to participating in Horizon 2020:
- Idea/Interest – Explore how your idea fits within the Horizon 2020 Network
- Eligibility Criteria – Check that there is an open call on your area of interest
- Finding Partners – Identify and contact the partners you need for your project
- Prepare & Submit the Proposal – Prepare the proposal together with your partners and submit it on time
- Evaluation – Your proposal is evaluated by independent experts and results are sent to you with comments on each part of the proposal
- Contract Negotiation – When a proposal has passed all thresholds, the contract negotiation starts between the Commission and the Project partners
- Project Starts – The project starts as soon as all partners sign the Grant Agreement and all the results arising from the Project belong to the Project partners.