The Malta Council for Science and Technology is inviting new applications for funding under the FUSION Commercialisation Voucher Programme.
The call opens on the 7th January 2019 and the deadline is midnight on the 22nd February 2019
The Commercialisation Voucher Programme is another instrument aimed at bridging the existing gap in the R&I framework as well as improving the overall development and commercialization potential of innovative ideas.
This Programme is to act as a demand side measure and entice user driven innovation, with the ultimate aim of increasing research, technological development and innovation activities, which can eventually be implemented in industry.
The Vouchers are primarily intended to assist prospective applicants of the FUSION Technology Development Programme in order to prepare themselves better in terms of project proposal and validation. In some cases it may also assist beneficiaries of previous or current R&I Programmes as well as projects funded through the European Programmes.
Submission, evaluation and selection of application will be in the form of a one-stage process in which a legal representative of the applicant will be asked to submit all the necessary information, to enable a decision on acceptance or rejection.
The Commercialisation Vouchers are subject to a Scientific Evaluation and priority will be given to the Smart Specialisation Areas. State Aid rules apply. Interested parties should submit their application form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CVP 2019 Call 1 Application” as a subject.
The Application must be dated, signed and initialised (stamped or signed) on each page by the legal representative. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the timely and correct delivery of the application to the Council.
It should be noted that emails larger than 6MB shall be automatically rejected by the system. File sharing software are limited to wetransfer or dropbox. All received applications shall be acknowledged by email or in writing. Note to applicant:
• The application form follows a pre-determined editable pdf template with fixed font and margin size.
• Altering the parameters of the template will automatically lead to disqualification. Text should not exceed the printable area of the text boxes.
• Annex I is to be used to include a clear diagrammatic representation of how the project will go beyond the state-of-the-art. Annex I should be stamped or signed by the applicant and scanned together with the application form.
• Annex 2 is to be used to include a reference list with full citations for each item. Annex 2 should be stamped or signed by the applicant and scanned together with the application form.
• Additional information pertaining to guidelines, rules, procedures and the application form can be found in the documents attached with this call.